Drug crimes are taken very seriously in Prince William and Fairfax VA, which is why it’s crucial to hire a drug crimes lawyer in Virginia. The repercussions can include:
- Jail or Prison time
- Thousands of dollars in fines
- Damage to your reputation
- Years of probation
- Loss of license
As a drug defense attorney, Sheryl Shane can work to help fight your case, and hopefully avoid these harsh penalties that can have a lifelong effect. Whether you are being charged with drug possession (use), drug distribution (sales), drug manufacturing, or drug transportation, we can help defend you.
Drug Crimes in Virginia
In Virginia, you can be arrested for a range of drug related crimes, including:
- Drug possession
- Drug transportation
- Drug distribution
- Drug trafficking
- Drug manufacturing
Sheryl Shane has over 21 years of experience fighting drug cases in Virginia and DC Metro region, and can help if you’ve been convicted of drug crimes involving:
- Party drugs (Ecstasy, date rape drugs)
- Prescription drugs (OxyContin, Hydrocodone)
- Drug paraphernalia
Sheryl Shane is a Virginia Drug Crimes Expert
You need narcotics defense attorney who has successfully defended clients before, and has knowledge of some of the common mistakes made by officers that violate your rights during an arrest. Some examples include:
- Unlawful search and seizure
- Making arrests with little to no evidence that the narcotics/drugs belonged to you
- Using trickery to obtain Virginia search warrants
- Mistakes on, or falsifying a police report
- The police may use trickery when interrogating. They are permitted to lie in order to obtain a confession or gather information.
- Relying on undependable confidential informants
- Use of biased photo array; or identification procedures
When we take your case, we will go through all of the evidence and events of your arrest to see if any mistakes were made, and if your rights were violated.
Why You Need a Drug Defense Attorney in Northern Virginia
Because drug arrests are routinely made, you could make the mistake of underestimating how severe your case is. The punishments for drug crimes can range from a “slap on the wrist” to life in prison depend on:
- The amount of drugs involved
- The type(s) of drugs involved
- The type of drug crime (possession, distribution, manufacturing, etc.)
- Your criminal history
- Injuries or death resulting from drug overdoses (this has been a hot trend in Fairfax county that is drawing a lot of attention).
You may not know how serious the charges being brought up against you are until you’re in court. You need an attorney by your side that will use passion, charisma, and knowledge of the Virginia drug laws to defend your case. Call Virginia drug defense lawyer Sheryl Shane at 703-503-4448 to help you when you’re under investigation, or have been arrested for drug crimes in Northern Virginia.